Registration and Information Sessions for 2019-20 are scheduled. Please attend one of the following to register for Christian formation:
- July 30, 2019: Grades 1-7 6:30-7:30pm ; Confirmation and Grade 8 + 7:30-8:15pm
- Aug. 6, 2019: Grades 1-7 6:30-7:30pm ; Confirmation and Grade 8 + 7:30-8:15pm
- Aug. 26, 2019: Grades 1-7 6:30-7:30pm ; Confirmation and Grade 8 + 7:30-8:15pm
At Saint Patrick’s Church we understand and promote the role of parents as primary teachers of the Catholic faith to their children. For this reason we are preparing a form of learning (catechesis) that is centered around the family and its relationship with God through the person of Jesus Christ. This will involve a hybrid of both in-parish learning one Sunday per month with other families and of studying the monthly topic at home.
The goals are the following:
- To help each person to grow in his or her relationship with God within the natural scene of family life
- To strengthen the family on the bed-rock of the Catholic faith and trust in God
- To provide children a longer-lasting impression of the importance of their faith, not as an activity, but as an essential part of life that they bring into adulthood.
Learning is divided into two main environments: the home, and Church/community. The following are some ways this program is put into practice:
- At home, taking time for activities and prayers as a family and for individual age-appropriate learning for children and parents.
- Attending the monthly gatherings, which are opportunities to review the previous month together and to learn more and launch into the topic of the new month. Some in-parish gatherings will involve a family activity, and other gatherings may separate by age groups for learning and discussion.
- Receiving the Sacraments as a family such s attending weekly Mass and Holy Days.
- Engaging in service activities with your family and other families.
This program is in the “Pilot Group” stage for 2019-20 before opening to the whole parish in the fall of 2020.
Those in this pilot group meet on the THIRD SUNDAY of each month, 3:15-4:45pm, at St. Patrick’s.
Meetings at St. Patrick’s Church for 2019-20:
- September 15
- October 20
- November 17
- December 15
- January 19
- February 16 (possible rescheduling)
- March 15
- April 19
- May 17
Feel free to contact our Christian Formation Office with any inquiries or to see if there is space for the 2019-20 Pilot Program: 924-2800